Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Weekend in Florence



This past weekend I traveled to Florence with a big group of CIMBA students. We were able to see a lot of different things like the Duomo, Michelangelo's David, the Uffizi art gallery, the Ponte Vecchio and an amazing view of the entire city of Florence. The city was beautiful and I had a great time exploring, seeing the sights, eating different Italian foods and dancing until 4 a.m.

My favorite part of the weekend in Florence had to be the view of the city from the top of the hill. Ariana and I walked along the Arno river, bought Nutella gelato and made our way up the steps leading to the top. We climbed up the old stone steps, passed a natural rock waterfall and finally got to the top of the hill. To have the city of Florence at your feet was breathtaking. I tried to capture the moment in pictures, but they could never do it justice.
From the top, the Duomo stood out the most, but Fort Belvedere was also beautiful and is something you can't really see from the city. Its rock wall led up the hillside and was surrounded by bright green grass, just like the pictures you see of the rolling hills in Tuscany. It was definitely a view I'll remember forever.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I enjoyed the historical stops, but I also like the "dancing til 4am!"

    ReplyDelete