Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Carnevale

This past weekend, I went with a group of girls to Carnevale in Venice from Saturday to Sunday. I think the majority of the CIMBA group went and we all had so much fun! I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was definitely something I'll be able to look back on in the future.

We spent the first part of the afternoon walking down the crowded, narrow streets looking for the perfect masks to wear. I finally decided on a black and white one with dark green and black feathers on the side. Everyone ended up getting a different one and it was really neat to see what each of us picked out. The outfits people wore were absolutely amazing. I saw a lot of big, medieval costumes in every color you could imagine. They would just stroll through the streets, stopping politely whenever people wanted to take pictures of them or with them.

While I expected to see those types of costumes, I definitely didn't expect to see some of the ones I did. We saw everything from Shrek and the Smirfs to Star Trek and Wizard of Oz characters. It was like a combinatino of Mari Gras and Halloween, but in Venice, Italy. It was definitely a unique experience and we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment